Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Elusive Trumpeter Swans

Trumpeter Swans

I have been looking for Trumpeter Swans ever since we started through Canada.
I envisioned them on every small tundra lake around.  Like many species of wildlife, they aren’t as prevalent as I thought, and part of the reason is that they migrate north in very early spring before we got here.

Earlier in the trip, we had spotted some tundra swans, smaller cousins of this one.  However, just outside of Tok, I saw this pair and made John turn around and go back.  They were in a setting just as I had pictured, looking just as I had pictures, and I was thrilled that I got to see them.


It wa great to have John turn the truck around and go back to see them.  I did see another pair, but i noticed an acceleration to the truck as I mentioned it, and by the time he said "What?" we were long past them!

No comments:

Post a Comment