Monday, June 28, 2010

Take a Picture of This!


Take a Picture of This!

We stopped at a rest stop just before we got to the Dalton Highway.  There was a man, his wife, and their small dog looking at the signs.  They were from Michigan.

 I asked the man “How far are you going?”
 He replied, “Oh, we’re coming back!”
 “Well, how far did you go?  I asked. 
He answered, “Well we turned onto the Dalton Road and only went a few miles.  It wasn’t worth it.  Just take a look at my front end.”  I was looking for rock dents, and somehow mailed to notice the mud.

I was taking pictures of some signs at the rest stop when the same man came up behind me and said, “If you want a picture of something, take a picture of this!”  I was kind of afraid to turn around and see what he was taking about.  However, it turned out that he had a GPS in his hand, and wanted me to see the sunrise, sunset information.  Sunset was at 1:08 and sunrise was at 2:39.

They were getting ready to leave, and I told him that he should brush the mosquitoes out of his hair and off his clothing before he got in his truck.  And his reply, “ Oh the wife and I, we don’t worry about those.  We just roll all the windows down and drive real fast for two miles.  Sucks ‘em right out!”

No comments:

Post a Comment